Complex Care Management
Complex care management is for people who may need additional help due to complicated needs that get in the way of doing daily activities or moving forward with recovery.
A complex care manager is a licensed clinical staff person. They find the best way to coordinate with your caregivers, providers, and others.
The complex care manager comes to you in the community or speaks with you on the phone as often as you want. The complex care manager does not give you therapy or medicine. They help you get the things you need to stay well. They make sure that your recovery plan meets your needs. You can continue to get treatment for your illness in a community setting.
Other things your complex care manager can help you with:
- Making a written Personal Care Plan with you to look at goals that you would like to achieve.
- Looking at your strengths and how they can be a part of your Plan to help you reach your goals.
- Identifying barriers to reaching your identified goals and helping you find solutions.
- Helping you to connect to community groups and supports (like the YMCA, drop-in centers, church groups, and senior citizen groups).
- Making sure that everyone on your treatment team, including your medical providers, understands what your goals are and works together.
- Giving you the tools and information that you need to reach your goals successfully.
- Helping you to actively participate in your recovery journey.
How to Get Complex Care Management Services
Call us to learn about services that can help you. If you are already seeing a counselor or therapist, you can talk to them. Remember, it is your decision to stay in the complex care management program.
If you are having an emergency, call 911.