Who We Help

We help adults, youth, and children who have Medical Assistance. The people who get our services are called Community Care "members."

You are a Community Care member if:

  • You live in Pennsylvania, and
  • You have Medical Assistance for your health care, and
  • You live in one of the 43 counties where we manage services.

What is Medical Assistance?
Medical Assistance is the name for Medicaid in Pennsylvania. Medicaid pays for health coverage for eligible people. You might already have an ACCESS card that shows that you get Medical Assistance.

Pennsylvania has a Medicaid program called HealthChoices. With HealthChoices, behavioral health care is separate from physical health care. You do not choose a behavioral health insurance company or "plan." It is based on the county where you live. 

If you live in one of the 43 counties where we manage care, then you are automatically a Community Care member. 

This does not mean that you need behavioral health services. But if you do at any time, we help you get services. You do not have to pay for these services.

Call us if you are not sure where to start or if you have any questions.