Why does behavioral health have a different name than what I chose for my physical plan through Medical Assistance?

The county where you live contracts with Community Care to provide mental health and substance use disorder treatment for people who live in your county. You had a choice about your remaining benefits, or your physical health plan. We are your behavioral health plan so long as you live in a Community Care service area and qualify for benefits under Pennsylvania Medical Assistance guidelines. Behavioral health is only for mental health and substance use disorder services.

Who should I speak with if I want to apply for Medical Assistance or have questions about my eligibility?

Please contact your local County Assistance Office. Phone numbers for the county offices can be found on the DHS website.

You can begin the Medicaid application process by visiting the COMPASS website.