Getting an Appointment on Time
We work hard to make sure that you can get a timely appointment with your provider for mental health conditions and substance use.
We have standards for how quickly you should get an appointment:
- Within 7 calendar days for routine behavioral health needs.
- Within 24 hours for urgent needs.
- Within 1 hour for an emergency that is not life-threatening.
- Right away for a life-threatening emergency.
We are always working to improve access. Some things we have done to make sure you get appointments on time are:
- Our Care Managers are always available to help you get an appointment. They can call providers for you if you are having trouble getting an appointment.
- We send our access standards to both members and providers every year.
- We also have articles, including access standards, on our website.
If you have any problems getting an appointment soon enough to meet your needs, please call us.
We also want to make sure that you have a quick response when you call us. We measure how quickly we answer the phone and if members are hanging up before their call is answered. Please let us know if you ever have a problem getting your phone calls answered.