CommonGround is an online program that helps you prepare to meet with your psychiatrist or treatment team.
You might need to talk about a lot of things without a lot of time. It can be hard to remember what you want to say or ask your doctor.
CommonGround asks questions about:
- Your symptoms.
- Medicine you are taking.
- Wellness concerns.
- Wellness goals.
- How you want treatment to help you.
- What you have been doing to help yourself.
Make a Personal Health Report
CommonGround uses your answers to make a one-page health report. The health report lets your doctor quickly see your wellness goals, concerns, and progress. Then, you can make a shared decision about the next steps in your treatment. You can also take the health report home to look at before your next appointment.
Other Features on CommonGround:
- Personal Medicine. Personal Medicine is what you do to be well - things that make you happy and that make life meaningful. Personal Medicine is also little ways you take care of yourself and manage stress.
- Power Statement. A Power Statement is a self-advocacy statement that your doctor sees. It introduces you to the doctor as a person, not a patient. It says how you want psychiatric medicine to help you, and it lets your doctor or nurse help you find treatment that best meets your recovery goals.
- Recovery Toolkits. Recovery Toolkits have worksheets, fact sheets, and other information (like posters, cards, and brochures) for each recovery and wellness topic.